- Quick and easy installation
The combination of its dimensions, mechanical characteristics and seaming method make Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM fast and easy to apply. In a trade which is highly dependent on weather conditions, the speed of installation of Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM represents a major advantage.
Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM is available in large panel sizes, up to 15.25m wide and 61m long in a single piece, that works out to 930m2 without any seam.
This allows for a significant reduction in the number of seams to be carried out on site and considerably reduces the risks in installation.
The panels are available in numerous sizes, which can be selected to accommodate the dimensions of the project. This reduces losses and limits the cutting and field seaming.
The list of available Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM panel sizes is included in the Technical information sheet (TIS).
Installation of Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM is greatly facilitated by its flexibility, as it adapts to the substrate and is easy to manipulate (moving unfolded sheets on an air cushion), and also by its high friction angle as workers do not slide on the membrane when it is dry and the membrane is less likely to slip on the slopes.
Field seaming method
Firestone GeoGardTM EPDM field seaming method using Firestone QuickSeamTM Splice Tape presents the following advantages:
- The quality if the seams are consistent over the entire length.
- Assembly is so easy that the quality of the seams is not dependent on the skill of the installer.
- The completion of seams is only slightly dependent on weather conditions.
- The tools used do not risk damaging the geomembrane
- It does not require the use of electricity on special equipment.
The completion and quality of the seams are not affected by folds or waves which are likely to form with temperature variations.