Membrane structure Introduction
Tensile membrane, Tesioned membrane, Sail shade, Tension structure
This new kind of building structure is called Tensioned Membrane Structure. It is a product of the latest technological breakthroughs in materials engineering. It makes it possible for advance design concepts to achieve new shapes and beautiful spaces. By tensioning the membrane, stability and strength can be accomplished on convex and concave shapes. This is done by using steel frames, columns and wires to provide natural tension as in a catenary system. These membrane structures are simple, crisp, and dynamic, providing a strong body sculpture. Firmness, gentleness, strength, beauty, and modernity are the features that one feels and experiences when exposed to these structures.
- Energy efficient
- Beautiful design
- Good self-cleaning properties
- Fast production and installation time
Click the Links below to get more details.
Plaza Stage Membrane Structure
Plaza Sun Shade Membrane Structures
Plaza Membrane Structure Gallery
Classes of surface tratment
- Class A: high strength fiber fabric as base material of PTFE coating, referred to as the (permanent) membrane material;
- Class B: high-strength fabric as base material PVDF coating;
- Class C: is based on the material of polyester (pet) fabric coated PVC.
Types of coating material
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Poly (vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Rubber etc.
The life time of the material varies between different surface coatings. In general, the durabilty can reach from 12 to 50 years.